I read this a while ago on a site I can’t remember and it really stuck in my mind. Not just rules for us, but also rules for us to help our little people learn/own, as well.
Rules for being Human
1. You will receive a body.
2. You will learn lessons.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
4. A lesson will be repeated until it is learned.
5. Learning lessons does not end.
6. ‘There’ is no better than ‘here.’
7. Others are merely mirrors of you.
8. What you make of your life is up to you.
9. Life is exactly what you think it is.
10. Your answers lie inside of you.
11. You will forget all of this.
12. You can remember it whenever you want.